Friday 12 February 2010

#2 The Electrics

To be able to tow anything you have to have power that reaches the towed vehicle so that the indicators etc are live. I already had the basic set up in order to tow my trailer, and just needed to top it up a little.

Pulling a caravan also requires auxiliary electrics in order to power the fridge, charge the leisure battery and power the reversing lights.

I purchased a universal kit, so that it can be transferred to my next car, as and when I swap this one.

It was not a hugely complicated job to take on, but in order to do a 'good' job I wanted to make sure that all of the wiring was hidden inside of the car underneath the interior trim, this meant removing it very carefully to route the cable.

Having fitted it all, I nipped over to the storage unit where the vara is kept, and made sure that all of the power was getting through to the right places.
Success! and onto the next job.....

No comments:

Post a Comment