Sunday 28 February 2010

The First Attempt At Towing

As we bought our vara from the place where we are storing it, I have not, up until now had the chance to tow it.

I'd done all of the maths, and established that I was at optimum towing weight for my car, but was very nervous to say the least about actually pulling it!

Mike and Sally~Ann called us to see if we wanted to go to Penrose this morning as they were having an open day with Bailey Pegasus, the caravan manufacturer, and the bonus was they were offering free bacon butties.

I never say no to a good feed so we jumped at the chance of joining them!

Whilst there we took the opportunity to purchase the aqua roll handle that was missing when the chap handed over to us, and then we all made plans to meet up later for a meal at ours in aid of Mike's birthday in the week.
Prior to coming over, I said I wanted to try towing over the weekend, and Mike said he would join me. We suggested this afternoon as the weather was so good.
As my scenic is a lowly 1.5 dci I was a little concerned as to how it would tow. I needn't have worried. A trip up the A30 and hamburger hill near Fraddon, which is the worst incline I could probably expect in the future, allayed my fears. it coped brilliantly.
I was very grateful to Mike for coming along and giving me moral support, but now a nice glass of red was in order!
We then headed back for our lasagne that the ladies were cooking whilst we were off galavanting.
A very successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment