Sunday 2 May 2010

Time for some luxury tasks

My wife will not manage next weekend, on our shake down trip, without her TV. How would she know what happens in The Mentalist and Over the Rainbow!
And so, as all good husbands do, I am trying to make her happy by fixing the aerial cable and wires ready for the trip.
I am using an old aerial we had at our static caravan, and have no idea if it is a digital one or not, but I'll soon find out...

having cleaned out the spiders web from the internal workings, and wired up the cable....


I bought a TV signal finder this afternoon, as everyone told me this was a must with all of the moving around the country you tend to do - it supposedly saves time in finding a TV picture.

The moment of truth ...... and it's not a digital aerial - Boo! Now I need to buy a new aerial -

Nothing is ever simple is it!


3 comments:

  1. Aaah, what a shame Paul, all that hard work to keep Jo happy then it's not a digital aerial. What a good husband you are.

    Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely all you need is a freeview box? We don't have a digital aerial and manage fine without one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I connected it to the bedroom tellie which has freeview built in,this is the one we will take with us, no signal whatsoever! nil! nada! I wasn't surprised, as this was an old aerial from the static.

    ReplyDelete